Human Trafficking Awareness Program: Our GIRL$ Are NOT For Sale
Girls will hear the real life story of a human trafficking survivor, and converse with advocates, law enforcement, and a therapist. Girls will view the movie Black Girls Die Too, engage in interactive activities to learn the signs of luring and trafficking behavior, and will gain safety resources and reporting information.
Individual and volunteer registration at https://registration.enchantedcloset.org/
Girl groups should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- Atlanta is known as the number one hub of human trafficking and child sex exploitation in the United States. (U.S.)
- Atlanta Magazine named the city of Atlanta as "Sex City", the capital of sexual exploitation in the U.S.
- Atlanta was named by the FBI as one of 14 U.S. cities with the highest rate of children used in prostitution
- In Georgia, 12,400 men purchase sex with young women in any given month.
- Approximately 100 adolescent females are sexually exploited each night in Georgia.
- In Georgia, adolescent females controlled by the child sex trafficking trade are sexually exploited by an adult male on an average of three times per night.
- Trafficked girls are lured by teen recruiters at school and parties, their boy and girl friends, family members, authority figures, organized criminals and gangs, and online predators.
Online bookings are not available for this event.