2017 Prom Dress Giveaway – Volunteer Information
We will setup the boutique on Friday, March 10 at the Ivy Community Center, for teenage girls to “shop” for dresses and accessories on Saturday, March 11. We need volunteers to help with setup, selection of prom attire and accessories, and cleanup. Setup and cleanup will take place during the first and last shifts of each day. Volunteers are asked to sign-up for a minimum of one 2-hour shift, but signing up for 2 or more shifts is greatly appreciated.
You must attend a mandatory volunteer orientation if it has been more than two years since you volunteered at our prom dress giveaway. Orientation is tentatively scheduled for March 6 at 6:30 pm at the Ivy Community Center, 3850 Stone Rd SW, Atlanta,GA.
The minimum age to volunteer is 18 with the exception of girls in our GIRL$ Service-Learning Program, and teens who are volunteering with a parent or guardian or are members of an approved youth-led community service group. Guys may volunteer. They will be prohibited from being inside the dressing area during operations. We welcome groups volunteering for setup on Friday and during the giveaway on Saturday. Individual registration is required for everyone who wants to volunteer the day of the giveaway. However, for set up on March 10, volunteers may register as a group.
Volunteers are needed for the following positions
- Personal shoppers – Assist girls in selecting a dress and accessories. Must be personable and engaging. Men can volunteer for all positions with the exception of personal shopper.
- Crowd managers – Make sure the lines stay orderly. Verify each student has a valid ID. Must be able to speak with authority and maintain order at all times. Will be assigned by coordinators.
- Registrars – Check student IDs, assign students a personal shopper, make sure student has not shopped at the boutique before. Must have good customer service skills.
- Makeup consultants – Organize tables with donated makeup. Help students select appropriate makeup and instruct them in proper application. Prefer volunteers with experience as a makeup consultant.
- Accessories managers – Organize tables for shoes, jewelry and other accessories. Help students try on items. Must have a sense of fashion and style.
- Check-out managers – Record student’s selection and enter information in database, and place items in dress and shopping bags. Must have great customer service skills.
- Runners – Assist girls with measurements/sizing. Make sure items are placed in the appropriate areas, i.e. dresses on racks, shoes in designated areas, etc. Must have great organizational skills.
If you have questions about volunteering, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**For security purposes, it is necessary to use a computer when registering to volunteer**